The Ocean Cliff Team continues to train and implement enhanced health and safety measures in accordance with the Jamaican government, CDC, and WHO guidelines.
In addition, we have amended our cancellation policy to remove uncertainty, so you can book your relaxing getaway with your mind at ease.
PROTOCOLS & STANDARDS
Training and Awareness:
Extensive staff training on Covid-protocols safety awareness; Staff-required masks and other personal protection equipment; Temperature check for all staff, vendors and anyone entering property.
Safety protocol training for our driver; Sanitization of all vehicles and guests’ luggage; Face masks required for drivers and passengers; Other social distancing and safety measures inside the vehicles.
Optional touch-free online check-in; Sanitized areas between each check-in; Masks for staff and guests; Sanitized luggage upon moving it to your room.
Mandatory masks for staff and guests to wear in public spaces; Masks not required when dining at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant, with your family/ group, on your balcony or veranda, when swimming or privately enjoying sunbathing.
New option to dine privately on your veranda or on one of our many secluded locations with setup fee waived.
Multiple-points room sanitizing, including all points of contact; Sanitization of all surfaces and A/C units between stays; Extensive deep cleaning and ventilation after guest departure.
Restaurant, and All Public Areas:
Multiple sanitizations throughout the day of all furnishings, restrooms, loungers, chairs and all other surfaces; Sterilization of high-touch areas, such as light switches, door handles, etc.
As we navigate the unknowns and evolving official guidelines, we are giving great importance and attention to keeping Ocean Cliff Hotel just as inviting, relaxing, healing and romantic as you have always known it to be.
Effective March 4, 2021, these are Jamaica’s most current travel requirements:
– All travelers to Jamaica, 12 years of age and over, regardless of nationality, will be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen rapid test result to check-in for a flight to Jamaica.
– For travel on or before March 10, 2021, travelers may present a test result for which the sample collection date is within 10 days of the travel date.
– For travel after March 10, 2021, the date of the sample collection must be within 3 days of the travel date.
Example: For a travel date of March 15, the earliest the test sample may be collected is March 12.
– Tests must be done by a medical laboratory that has a Clinical Laboratory. Improvement Amendments (CLIA) registration, or an ISO 15189 certification.
– Fill out a required form up to 5 days prior to arrival, but no less than 2 days prior to travel.
Starting January 26, 2021, U.S. residents returning home are required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test 3 days prior to re-entry.
As of September 1, 2021, last, travelers can elect to get tested at the Montego Bay airport (arrive early to get this done), or use a CDC-approved at-home test kit (such as BinaxNOW), or get tested at the hotel on their own expense (generally around $50 US).
For Canadian guests, we can arrange PCR tests at the Hotel. Please contact us to inquire about timing, booking the test, and cost.
Please check your country’s guidelines for the latest changes. Each country’s guidelines are subject to change at any moment.
We promise to do our best to accommodate you and keep you informed of the latest developments.